Apply Online Passport in India: In today’s time you can apply Online for Everything. You dint need to stand in the long Queue for Any kind of application. Earlier, you had to do long wait for the Passport Application to the Passport Office. Now you can apply for the Passport sitting at your Home by the Online Facility for Applying for the Passport.
Passport is an important document required mostly for travelling abroad. It is issued by a country’s government and certifies the identity and nationality of the individual holding the passport. It contains details such as name, date of birth, address, photo, signature, and other details.
Apply Online Passport in India
Apply Online For the Passport
You can apply for passport online through passport seva online portal in India. You can apply for passport or renew an existing one through the normal or tatkal application process of passport Seva online. In this Article we will provide you step by Step Information about how to apply For Passport by Online Mode.
The Passport application is very easy by the Online Method and it must be submitted by the online Mode. The application fees for the Passport is also must be paid by the online Mode. If you guys are facing difficulties in Procedure of online application of the Passport, We are here to guide you how you can apply online for the Passport.
Apply Online Passport in India: Procedure to get Passport Online
- Fill the Passport application Form.
- Payment Of requisite Passport application Fees.
- Visit to the Passport Office for the Photograph and the Document verification.
- Police verification and Address verification.
- Passport issue
- Passport Delivery by the Post.
- So there are the steps for getting your Passport Online.
There are total 2 types of the passport application. One is Normal Passport application and the second is Tatkal Passport application. Let’s know the Meaning of the both the Passport Application.
Normal Passport application
Under the Normal Passport application fees it will take approximately 25-30 days For Getting the passport in your hand. so you have chooses your category of Passport application.
Tatkal Passport Application
Under the Tatkal Passport Application Service you will get your Passport within 2-4 days Maximum. For the Tatkal Passport Application you have to Pay Extra Application charge. According to your Requirement for the Passport You can choose the type of the application.
Documents required for the online application
• Currant Address Proof like Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill etc
• Date Of Birth Proof like Birth certificate, School Leaving Certificate, etc.
• 10th Cirtificate to apply Under ECNR category.
• In the case Of the Tatkal application certificate Of Gazzeted Officer.
Passport application Fees
• ₹1500 – Fresh or Renew passport (36 pages, standard size) with 10-year validity.
• ₹3500 – First time applicant or renewal with expedited (‘tatkal’) service (36 pages) with 10 year validity.
• ₹2000 – Fresh or Renew passport (60 pages, ‘jumbo’ size) with 10 year validity.
• ₹4000 – First time applicant or renewal with expedited (‘tatkal’) service (60 pages) with 10 year validity.
There is a 10 per cent rebate on passport fees for citizens either under the age of eight or over sixty years. The foreign office currently charges Rs 2,000 as fees for passports – whether new or for renewal – of 60 pages and Rs 1,500 for 36-page passports. The beneficiaries of the rule will need to pay Rs 1,800 for 60-page booklets and Rs 1,350 for the 36-page passports.
Step By Step Process of Online Apply for Passport
The Process Is Little Lengthy For apply Online for the Passport, but it is easy as well. Read the Process below.
- First of all you have to go to the Official website of the Passport seva India https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Click On the New User? Register Now Tab
- Now fill out the form to create an account on the Passport Seva website. You need to select the passport office of the city you’re living in currently, not your native place.
- Also, make sure that you enter the name exactly as it appears in your other documents to avoid any problems with your application. The rest of the form is pretty straightforward – it’s just like signing up for any other website.
- Click Register when done.
- Now that you’ve created your account, return to the Passport Seva website.
- Enter your registered Login Id, password and the characters in the image. Click Login.
- Click Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport link.
- You can download the form, fill it and upload it back to the website, or just fill in the details online. We recommend that you fill in the details online to save time.
- In case you want to download the form anyway, click Click here to download the soft copy of the form, in the first subheading on the page titled Alternative 1.
- On the next page, you’ll have to choose between a Fresh passport or Re-issue, a Normal or Tatkal passport, 38 pages or 60 pages. Make the selections as per your requirements, and click the Next page.
- You have to enter your personal information on the next page, and once again, the information you fill in should match your other documents. Once you’re done, click Submit Application at the bottom right.
- After you’ve filled the form, return to the webpage mentioned in step 9
- Click View Saved/Submitted Applications.
- You’ll see the application you just submitted. Click the radio button next to it and click the Pay and Schedule Appointment link.
- Select Online Payment and click Next. A list of Passport Seva Kendras from your city will appear on the screen along with the date and time of the earliest available appointment.
- Select one of these from the drop-down menu next to PSK Location.
- Enter the characters in the image next to and click Next.
- Click Pay and Book Appointment.
- This will now take you to the payment gateway. Complete your payment and you’ll be redirected to the Passport Seva website.
- Now you’ll see a page titled Appointment Confirmation with all the details of your appointment at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
- Click Print Application Receipt. The next page will show a detailed view of the application – again, click on Print Application Receipt.
- On the next page, you’ll see a preview of the receipt. Once again, click Print Application Receipt to finally take a printout of the appointment confirmation.
- You will need a print of this receipt to enter the PSK.
- That’s all about the procedure for passport online applying. Using this guide, you can apply for a passport online.
- Now all you need to do is go to the PSK at the time mentioned in the receipt along with original documents. If all the required documents are in order, your PSK visit would be fruitful. You’ll get your passport after police verification is complete.